Martial Arts for Kids
Classes are individualized by age and training level because our children's programs are specifically designed for each coordinating age group. They utilize traditional techniques to improve children's motor skills and enhance their ability to pay attention and follow directions. In addition, students are taught essential character qualities through our Character development program. Classes are taught using the most safe, fun, and exciting instructional methods available for each particular age group.
Our Kidz 'n Power programs offers training for 4-6 years-old (Tiny Tigers) and 7-12 year-olds (Juniors) provide a list of underlying benefits and achievements:
- Fitness and Coordination: Martial Arts challenges the entire body. It develops coordination, body awareness, balance, agility, and strength, and stamina.
- Safety: In cooperation with AmberAlert.com, Rosemount ATA and the ATA are the authorized training facilities for abduction defense and street safety training.
- Better Grades: Developing personal skills is a major part of the program. We stress following directions, paying attention in class, respecting those teaching, and becoming an active participant.
- Self-Confidence: Personal victory! We use positive reinforcement to help them achieve their goals during their training.
Our goal is to develop your child's character to ensure success in all aspects of life. Our Character Development Program is our building blocks of our system, which teaches students: Self-esteem, respect, discipline, honesty, and more! During each class we dedicate a few minutes to discussing the featured character trait and the simple things your child can do to make it part of their everyday lives. The secret to our success lies in a unique Victory Patch reward system that was created to excite kids about making daily progress!
The Victory Patch is the core of the Tiger and Junior programs, utilizing positive reinforcement to encourage students to exemplify the character traits they have learned in class outside of the dojang. Students earn stars for their Victory Patch, which they are recognized for in front of their instructors and peers. Desire for more stars motivates the student to repeat the behaviors that earned those stars. An important part of our Karate for Kids curriculum is the building of a healthy self-image. Children who feel good about themselves perform better in school, interact better with siblings and friends, and are less likely to act-out aggressively.
- Students can earn a gold star for doing well or improving in school.
- Students can earn a blue star for showing Black Belt Attitude at home and school.
- Students can earn a red star for participating in an ATA event.
Rosemount ATA is also a Certified Gracie Bullyproof training center as featured on
CNN, NBC News, and
We teach negotiate - report - defend as a method for children to feel confident in facing bullies or peer group pressure.
For more information, see our Gracie Bullyproof page.
Trial Program: $15 for 1 month, plus a free uniform
Most martial arts schools limit you to only one free trial class. We offer new students a month of training for $15 plus a free uniform and unlimited access to all of our beginner group classes. We're confident that the class structure, the camaraderie, and high quality instruction will convince you to let us guide you on your path to Martial Arts mastery. To take advantage of our trial program, simply contact us! (Note: this rate only applies to taekwondo. It is not applicable to the Gracie Bullyproof program.)